Thursday, May 29, 2014

Feeling a little Tropical Today

My lunch today had me feeling like I was back in Maui. I get so excited when I find a Martha Stewart recipe that I can modify to be AIP friendly. This Pan Seared Mahi Mahi with Avocado and Mango Salsa, was so delicious that I didn't want it to end!


Here is the simple recipe:

Pan Seared Mahi Mahi with Avocado and Mango Salsa

3 to 4 Mahi Mahi Fillets (I buy the wild caught Mahi Mahi from Costco)
1 TBSP Coconut oil

Mango Salsa
1 cup of Mango cubed (I used frozen Organic Mango Chunks from Trader Joe's, you can also use fresh)
1 large Avocado cut into cubes
1/3 cup finely chopped red onion
1-2 TBSP Fresh Cilantro chopped
The juice of 1/2 lime
1/4 tsp sea salt

(For non AIP Paleo, you can add fresh Black Pepper and or chopped Jalapeno Peppers if you like.)

 Place all salsa ingredients into a medium bowl, lightly mix to maintain the integrity of the mango and avocado.

In a skillet saute the Mahi Mahi in coconut oil over medium heat about 5-6 minutes on each side.

Remove fish from skillet place on plate top with Salsa and serve with side dish of your choice, I like a big salad with this dish.

I hope you enjoy this dish as much as I did!
Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment